How can I pay my tuition?
Options are listed below:
1. Directly wire funds to the university. Information can be found at http://www.units.muohio.edu/internationalprograms/arrivalemail5.php
2. Open up a local bank account at First Miami, pay the University online, or write a check with your account. Have more flexibility to trace and manage your money in case errors happen during a tuition payment transaction.
3. Pay by credit card. It is convenient but you will be charged a ‘convenience fee’ that is 2.9% for bills up to $3000 and 2.3% for any amount over $3000.
Note: Pay on time to avoid a $150 late fee.
How can money be wired into my account?
- Correspondent of Beneficiary's Bank Name: Corporate One Credit Union
- Correspondent of Beneficiary's Bank Address: Columbus, Ohio
- Correspondent of Beneficiary's Bank Swift/Routing Number: 244084264
- Beneficiary's Bank Name: First Miami Student Credit Union
- Beneficiary's Bank Address: 117 Shriver Center, Oxford, Ohio 45056
- Beneficiary's Bank Swift/Routing Number: 042286853
- Beneficiary's Account Number: Your First Miami Student Credit Union Account Number
- Beneficiary's Name: Your Name
- Beneficiary's Address: Your Miami Address
***Note: The Swift/Routing Numbers for these two Credit Unions are different.
***Each step is necessary in order to complete the wire transfer.
What do you I need to open an account?
- Fill out the application
- A copy of your passport or state-issued I.D.
- $20 minimum ($10 fee to open an account and $10 minimum balance in savings account)
How can I open an account if I’m in not in Oxford?
There are several options if you can't stop by our office:
- Email us scanned copies of the information above. Our email is FIRSTMIAMI@MUOHIO.EDU
- Or you can fax us! Call the office for the fax number.
- Or you can mail everything to us. If mailing, our address is
First Miami Student Credit Union
117 Shriver Center
Oxford, Ohio 45056
We are located downstairs. If entering from Patterson Ave. - turn left as you walk in, continue past the ATMs, and follow the hallway to our office. If coming from Maple St. or Spring St. - take the stairs down to the basement floor, walk past the food court, turn right, and follow the hallway to our office.
Why should I establish good credit in the U.S.?
Establish your personal credit history in the United States early to get cheaper debt, larger loans, and easier access to financing in the future. The following could help build your credit history and improve your credit score:
· Pay utilities and telephone in your name
· Apply for a department store or gas station card
· Apply for credit card(s)
· Apply for personal students loans
· Always remember to pay your bills on time!